The Forum Where Leading Canna Operators Connect with Top Regulators & Testing Experts
The opportunity for operators in the canna space is startling. Estimates suggest that the combined medical and adult-use market may be worth $5 billion by 2019 in California alone, while the forecasts for national and global canna markets are revised, upward, on a daily basis. The demonstrated ability of cannabis use to lower America’s $12 billion-plus opioid drug tab suggests that those estimates may be conservative.
However, in order to take advantage of this remarkable opportunity to do good and do well, industry players must navigate a new and evolving regulatory framework. The introduction of regulation in the space has created novel challenges in order to ensure product safety, manage liability and deliver efficacy for every part of the canna supply chain. To take just one example: testing labs suggest that 80% of California-produced cannabis still tests positive for pesticides, which has resulted in the scheduled introduction of mandatory testing in the state starting in July 2018. State regulators and health officials—in unmatched numbers—will be sharing notes and driving operators towards uniform testing, labeling, operational standards, protocols and best practices.
Building on three previous editions of this meeting, Infocast is proud to present Canna West 2018: Compliance, Testing & Product Safety. The meeting will be held in Los Angeles, considered the single largest urban market for cannabis in the world. In 2018 there will be no better to place to hear from, and share viewpoints with regulators; learn from peers; and absorb best practices for cannabis compliance, cultivation, testing, manufacturing, extractions, product development, labeling, distributing and retailing cannabis products. Please review the agenda and list of speakers—we’re confident you will find this a must-attend event.
Pre-Summit Workshop | June 5, 2018 9AM – 5PM
Canna Business Operations & Compliance
Learn how to set-up or grow your business and stay compliant in the now heavily regulated cannabis industry. This deep-dive, pragmatic workshop wraps up with a “Local Regulators Speak” panel featuring directors of dedicated Cannabis Programs at major California cities and regions.
Interested in Speaking or Sponsoring?
Limited Presentations Available.
Contact Maggie Trigueros
818-888-4445 ext 55
Are you an Operator or Regulator?
For Speaking Opportunities:
Contact Erin Dolleris
818-888-4445 ext 48
STEEP HILL LABS, INC
2018 Featured Speakers
Reginald Byron Jones-Sawyer, Sr.
Assemblymember, 59th District
CALIFORNIA STATE ASSEMBLY
Vice President, U.S. Public Policy and Public Affairs
Dr. Asif Maan
Chief of Manufactured Cannabis Safety Branch
CALIFORNIA DEPARTMENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH
Executive Director, Department of Cannabis Regulation
CITY OF LOS ANGELES
Policy Analyst, Recreational Marijuana Program
OREGON LIQUOR CONTROL COMMISSION
Heather Krug, M.S.
State Marijuana Laboratory Sciences Program Manager
STATE OF COLORADO
Director, Alcohol & Marijuana Control Office
STATE OF ALASKA
Food Safety and Marijuana Supervisor, CP-FS, Public Health Inspections Division, Department of Public Health and Environment
CITY AND COUNTY OF DENVER, CO
Heather Forshey, MS, REHS
Director, Environmental Health Services
COUNTY OF SAN MATEO
Executive Director of the Office of Medical Cannabis
CALIFORNIA CANNABIS INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION
CALIFORNIA BUSINESS, CONSUMER SERVICES AND HOUSING AGENCY
Reggie Gaudino, Ph.D.
Chief Science Officer
STEEP HILL LABS, INC.
STEEP HILL LABS, INC
Leading Canna Operators
2018 Participating Organizations
- 59th District
- Absolute Healthcare, Inc.
- Ackrell Capital
- American Herbal Product Association (AHPA)
- AmeriCann, Inc.
- AmeriSci Group
- ANSI-ASQ National Accreditation Board (ANAB)
- ANANDA Scientific, Inc.
- Anresco Laboratories
- AOAC International; Executive Committee, Cannabis Committed, ASTM International
- Berkeley Patients Group
- Big Moon Sky
- BMG Ventures, Inc.
- Bud and Bloom Dispensary
- California Business, Consumer Services and Housing Agency
- California Cannabis Industry Association
- California Cannabis Testing Labs Inc.
- California Department of Public Health
- California State Association of Counties
- Cannabis Distribution Association
- Cannabis Marketing Association
- Cannabis Quality Group
- Cannabiz Media
- Celeste Taylor MD
- City and County of Denver
- City of Chula Vista
- City of Los Angeles
- City of Portland Office of Neighborhood Involvement
- City of Sacramento
- Concorde Associates
- Cool Clean Technologies LLC
- County of Los Angeles, Treasurer and Tax Collector
- County of San Mateo
- Craft Concentrates
- DC Health
- E-Labs LLC
- Emerald Scientific
- EVIO Labs, Inc.
- Freshgreen Medical Association
- Fundacion CANNA
- GIE Media
- Gold Coast Ingredients, Inc
- Golden Systems, LLC & C4 Distribution Co. LLC
- Government of Canada
- Grimaldi Law Offices
- GW Pharmaceuticals
- Health Canada
- Humboldt County Growers Alliance
- Indiva Advisors
- IndoGro Companies
- International Accreditation Service
- LA County DPH
- Lachman Consultant Services, Inc.
- Law Offices of Jennifer McGrath
- Lee County Investment Group Inc
- Legion of Bloom
- Liquor and Cannabis Board
- Los Angeles County Public Health Department
- Lost Horse Supply Co.
- Love’s Oven, LLC
- Main Street Strategies, LLC
- Mana Supply Company
- MYECR Holdings Inc
- National Environmental Health Association (NEHA)
- Oregon Liquor Control Commission
- Pacific Expeditors
- Papa Barkley
- PerkinElmer Inc.
- Perry Johnson Laboratory Accreditation
- Phenova, Inc.
- Promium - Element Lims
- Public Policy Solutions, Inc.
- RADD LLC
- Rogoway Law Group
- Romer Labs
- Sello-Mafatle Attorneys
- Southern University Law Center
- SRI Instruments
- State of Alaska
- State of Colorado
- State of Montana
- Steep Hill Labs, Inc.
- Tagrisk Insurance Services
- TEQ Analytical Laboratories (A2LA-accredited to ISO/IEC 17025)
- University of the west Indies
- Venable LLP
- Zuber Lawler & Del Duca LLP
To learn more about sponsorship benefits, please contact Maggie Trigueros at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 818-888-4445 ext 55