The roll out of cannabis regulations in California will greatly impact an industry that was not regulated for 20 years since the passage of Prop 215 in 1996. Now, cannabis businesses have to adapt to new rules at both the state and local level.
Join this free webinar to learn from the discussion about their views on what is working with the new regulations, both statewide and at the local level, and what they find most challenging.
Cannabis Compliance Webinar – What is Working in California and What is Not?
These three industry leaders are on the front line in the battle to shape how California’s new legislation rolls out into permanent regulations. This will greatly impact an industry that was not regulated for 20 years since the passage of Prop 215 in 1996 and now has to adapt to new rules at both the state and local level. Ms. Robinson has been leading the charge for safe and reasonable new regulations for the industry in Sacramento with the Brown Administration and with the California Senate and Assembly. Ms. Packer has been leading the City of Los Angeles regulatory efforts in one of the largest cannabis business cities in the United States. Ms. Wright-Mitchell is the Chief Legal Counsel for Steep Hill, the global leader in cannabis testing and analytics. Some of the challenges they face are the same and some are different.
Learn from the discussion about their views on what is working with the new regulations both statewide and at the local level and what they find most challenging. The discussion will include:
• What does this new era mean for cannabis safety for patients and consumers?
• How is the new legal licensed market working for access to safe cannabis and is the black market closing down or flourishing?
• How are cannabis businesses interacting with the State, City, and with each other to get their questions answered in the new legal framework?
• Will the testing labs be ready to handle the volume on July 1st, 2018?
• How can the industry come together to make the market work for both businesses and consumers?
• And more…
Chief Legal Counsel
Executive Director and General Manager
of the Dept. of Cannabis Regulation
CITY OF LOS ANGELES
CALIFORNIA CANNABIS INDUSTRY ASSOCIATION (CCIA)
This webinar is a preview of what will be discussed at our upcoming Canna West Compliance Summit 2018.