Chief, Office of Renewable Energy Programs
BUREAU OF OCEAN ENERGY MANAGEMENT UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
CALIFORNIA ENERGY COMMISSION
Marine Renewable Energy Program Manager
CALIFORNIA OCEAN PROTECTION COUNCIL
OFFSHORE WIND CALIFORNIA
Offshore wind will offer many benefits to California as the state seeks to reach its ambitious clean energy and climate goals. This untapped resource will complement the existing supply of solar and onshore wind, help balance the grid, and provide a major boost to the state’s economy. Federal and state agencies continue to actively plan and conduct stakeholder outreach for the development of a sustainable offshore wind industry for California, notwithstanding delays cause by the coronavirus pandemic.
Please join us for the first in a series of webinars, Advancing Offshore Wind in California during Covid, as top federal and state officials and other experts share updates on development plans.
- What is the status of the three call areas (Humboldt Bay, Morro Bay, and Diablo Canyon) identified by the federal Bureau of Ocean Energy Management (BOEM) in 2018?
- When can we expect lease auctions for offshore wind sites in California?
- What lessons from the development of offshore wind projects on the East Coast can be applied to California?
- How does offshore wind fit into California’s renewable energy plans?
- What are the key ocean and wildlife protection issues specific to California that developers will need to address in their project proposals?
- How can the state develop an efficient permitting regime?