May 12 - 14, 2020 | San Diego Marriott Del Mar | San Diego, CA
Take an Intensive Dive into How to Extract Value for Renewables from Power Markets
As renewable power purchase agreements become shorter, merchant tails become more important to overall project value. Likewise, corporate Power Purchase Agreements (PPAs) and hedges tie the fate of renewable projects to conditions in local power markets. This takes place in an environment where power markets are becoming deeper, more sophisticated and more nuanced. Prices are at rock bottom. Market structures are not designed for non-variable cost resources. Understanding power market dynamics and fundamentals, and how they bear on project economics, is becoming essential for executives responsible for renewable origination, finance and investment.
Infocast’s highly touted Renewables: Extracting Value from Power Markets will bring together industry experts and active market players to shed light on this challenging topic. Experience a real deep dive into the substance, workings and intricacies of wholesale power markets as they relate to making informed development, investing, and lending decisions for the market-facing aspects of any renewable project.
Gain insight into questions such as:
- What are top forecasters’ views on future price and power market fundamentals?
- What market design changes are on the horizon — and what do they mean for your decision making?
- How can you better evaluate forward price curves and determine the valuation of renewable projects’ merchant tails?
- Where are the best opportunities for hedge deals and their risks and challenges?
- What are the optimal approaches to managing congestion and basis risk exposure?
- How is each power market impacting renewable energy transaction structures and the quantification and allocation of risks?
Director of Origination
ENGIE NORTH AMERICA
Emily Sanders Cohen
VP Commercial Strategy
ENGIE NORTH AMERICA
Chief Executive Officer
INNOGY RENEWABLES US LLC
Chief Financial Officer & Executive Vice President Structured Finance
Chief Development Officer
ADVANCED ENERGY ECONOMY
Sr. Manager, Market Analysis & Validation
Lawrence Makovich, PhD
Vice President and Senior Advisor for Global Power
Director, North America
GE RENEWABLE ENERGY
Lee Van Atta
Managing Director, Energy & Infrastructure Consulting
VP, Valuation and Analytics
EDF RENEWABLES NORTH AMERICA
Director, Power Marketing
Richard E. Walsh
Managing Partner, Business Development
MADISON ENERGY INVESTMENTS
Corporate Head of Investments and M&A
EDP RENEWABLES NORTH AMERICA
- Advanced Energy Economy
- Ascend Analytics
- BayWa R.E.
- Bloom & Associates
- Competitive Power Ventures
- Cypress Creek Renewables
- EDF Renewables North America
- Edison International
- EDP Renewables North America
- Energy GPS Consulting
- ENGIE North America
- GE Renewable Energy
- Innogy Renewables US LLC
- IHS Markit
- KeyBanc Capital Markets
- Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory
- Lightsource BP
- Live Oak Bank
- Madison Energy Investments
- Mizuho Americas LLC
- Origis Energy USA Inc
- Recurrent Energy
- RWE Principal Investments USA, LLC
- Silverpeak Renewables Investment Partners
- Sol Systems LLC
- Wells Fargo
For Corporate Renewables Buyers, Co-ops, Munis and Government pricing, click here.
San Diego Marriott Del Mar
11966 El Camino Real
San Diego, CA 92130
Room rate: $199
Reservation Call-In #: 858-523-1700
Reservation Web Link: Book your group rate for RENEWABLES: EXTRACTING VALUE FROM POWER MARKETS
Reservation Deadline: April 20, 2020
Group Name: Extracting Value From Power Markets
**WARNING: Please do not book any guest rooms with 3rd Party Housing Companies for this event. Infocast does not partner with outside housing companies, so we advise that you only book guest rooms at the hotel using the details provided above.**