Now Coming August 2020
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update:
California faces unprecedented challenges that could fundamentally alter the structure of its energy industry, but which are also opening up huge opportunities for future growth. PG&E’s bankruptcy and the impacts of grid-caused ignition have triggered enormous concerns about how to assure resilience, while the first round of SB100 planning identified an urgent need to procure over 3.3 GW of power to meet near-term resource adequacy requirements. What policy and regulatory changes are being implemented to deal with grid reliability and resilience to wildfires? Will the new all-source procurement by CCAs, public power and IOUs expand the lifespan of existing gas-fired generation, open up huge new opportunities for renewable energy and storage deployment… or both?
Only the most well-informed California energy players will be able to evaluate their best path forward. The 8th Annual California Energy Summit will bring together California’s top regulatory officials, utility and public power leaders, and developers to discuss:
- The state-wide implications of wildfire mitigation measures
- How $830 million of incentives will drive deployment of self-generation and storage to enhance resilience
- Near-term resource adequacy and long-term SB100 procurement needs of CCAs, public power and IOUs
- The expansion of interstate energy trading and transmission buildout needs
Don’t miss the Pre-Summit Executive Briefing: California’s Distributed Energy Future for an examination of California’s ambitious plans to incentivize the roll out of rooftop solar and socially equitable community solar, and how the reliability and resilience of the grid can be boosted through the deployment of distributed storage and microgrids.
Interested in Speaking?
Contact Erin Dolleris Hall
818-888-4445 ext 48
Interested in Sponsoring?
Contact Jeffrey Shapiro
818-888-4445 ext 65
Who Should Attend?
- Renewable Energy Developers
- Energy Storage Developers
- Equipment Vendors
- Engineering Firms
- Smart Grid Representatives
Senior Vice President, Transmission & Markets
Director, Regulatory Strategy and Utility Initiatives
Director, Market and Regulatory Analysis
Assistant GM, Power Supply
BURBANK WATER AND POWER
Chief Operating Officer
EAST BAY COMMUNITY ENERGY
MONTEREY BAY COMMUNITY POWER AUTHORITY
Reiko A. Kerr
Senior Assistant General Manager, Power System
Chief Grid Strategy and Operations Officer
Principal Manager, Energy Procurement & Management
SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA EDISON (SCE)
Director of Policy & Market Development
SANTA CLARA UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF LAW
Analytical Manager, Infrastructure & Renewables
Program Manager, Infrastructure Planning & Permitting
CALIFORNIA PUBLIC UTILITIES COMMISSION (CPUC)
UC BERKELEY GOLDMAN SCHOOL OF PUBLIC POLICY
- 2G Energy Inc.
- 8minutenergy Renewables, LLC
- Advanced Microgrid
- African-American Collaborative for Climate and Environmental Equity
- Alameda Municipal Power
- BayWa r.e. Wind, LLC
- Bonneville Power Administration (BPA)
- Burbank Water and Power
- California Municipal Utilities Association (CMUA)
- California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC)
- Calpine Corp.
- CIT Bank, N.A.
- City of Los Angeles
- City of Pasadena
- City of Pasadena, Water and Power Department
- Clean Coalition
- Clean Power Alliance
- Direct Energy
- East Bay Community Energy
- EDF Renewables
- Energy and Environmental Economics
- Environmental Defense Fund
- Golden State Renewable Energy
- Golden State Renewable Energy (GSR Energy)
- GRID Alternatives
- Hanna and Morton, LLP
- IBEW Local 1245
- Independent Energy Producers Association (IEPA)
- Itron, Inc.
- LS Power
- McCallum Group, Inc.
- Monterey Bay Community Power
- OpenADR Alliance
- Oregon State University, Forestry
- Peninsula Clean Energy
- Regulatory Assistance Project (RAP)
- Rosendin Electric, Inc
- S&P Global
- San Diego County Water Authority
- San Jose Clean Energy
- Santa Clara University School of Law
- Scale Microgrid Solutions
- SoCal Edison
- sonnen, Inc.
- Sunrun Inc.
- Sustainable Systems Research Foundation
- UC Berkeley Goldman School of Public Policy
- USDA Forest Service
- Vivint Solar
- Wartsila North America, Inc.