How Technological and Environmental Changes are Altering the 3PL Landscape
Research and Markets
A new report titled “Global Contract Logistics 2017” was released by Research and Markets. The report provides analysis and evaluation of future practices expected in the industry.
It is important to stay abreast of logistics trends and know more about how 3PLs are future-proofing their strategies to continue to support their clients, particularly in light of recent environmental legislation and technological advancements affecting the industry.
This annual Global Contract Logistics report examines both topics and provides analysis and evaluation of future practices expected in the industry. This analysis is provided from a broad, industry-wide perspective and is then channeled and examined within individual company profiles of major contract logistics providers. Each of the 18 profiles in the report includes an overview of the company’s contract logistics capabilities and strategy, a SWOT analysis, and, wherever possible, a review of the company’s most recent financial performance and a table detailing the company’s most recent contracts.
In addition, the report has ranked the leading contract logistics providers on both a global and regional basis (Asia Pacific, Europe and North America only), and provides the market shares of these providers based on bespoke contract logistics market sizes. Along with this data, the report includes explanation and insight into which geographies’ contract logistics markets have the most growth potential and examines why regions are performing differently.
Exclusive highlights on contract logistics and the environment:
– Fuels which were once regarded as a good alternative to carbon emitting petrol have come under scrutiny themselves.
– Banning diesel engines entirely would have a significant impact on the economies of major cities around the world.
– The sharing economy’ could provide many opportunities to improve the efficiency of logistics in an urban context.
Exclusive highlights on contract logistics market size and forecasts:
– The Global Contract logistics market grew by 3.9% in 2016, up from 3.7% in 2015.
– Asia Pacific has overtaken Europe as the biggest market for contract logistics.
– Seven of the 10 largest markets grew slower than in 2015.
– The market is forecast to grow at a real 2016-2020 compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 4.8%.