IMO’s BWM Convention Enters into Force in 2017 – Identify Your Best Strategies for Compliance and Integration with USCG Regulations
With the announcement of the ratification of the BWM Convention, environmental retrofits for ships are now unavoidable as IMO regulation will enter into force on September 8, 2017. Only a small fraction of the 50,000 ships currently in service internationally have functional BWM systems currently installed, none of which meet the USCG standard. The estimated cost of BWT systems installations will range from $200K – $5M per ship, costing up to $45 billion in BWM retrofits alone.
Ship owners have a very limited amount of time to find solutions to a bevy of questions brought about by these new rules and protocols. How will type approval processes intersect with the upcoming compliance deadlines? What BWM system is optimum, and how do ship owners ensure their retrofits are the most cost-effective and efficient? How can certification organizations, suppliers and retrofitters ensure that BWM systems meet the requirements for compliance set by both regulatory bodies?
Infocast’s 4th Ballast Water Management Summit, March 6-8, 2017 in Long Beach, CA, will again bring together key regulators, ship owners and operators, shipbuilders, engineers, water treatment specialists, marine equipment suppliers, ports, shipping/maritime associations and others to exchange information and strategize cost-effective, practical solutions for BWT system compliance now and going forward.
Plus, attend the Ballast Water Treatment Technology Pre-Summit Briefing, March 6, 2017, to get a comprehensive overview of current technologies, type approval, testing and retrofits; and new advancements and innovations in ballast water treatment and monitoring.
Leading Industry Stakeholders
J.K. Roy Choudhury, MBA, PMP
Director, Strategic Engineering
Crowley Maritime Corporation
Environmental Protection Specialist, Water Permits Division
Director, Environmental Affairs and Regulatory Compliance
Director, Environment & Sustainability
WORLD SHIPPING COUNCIL
Lisa M. Swanson
Director, Environmental Affairs
Matson Navigation Company
LAKE CARRIERS' ASSOCIATION
LT Maria Wiener
Staff Engineer, Machinery Branch
US COAST GUARD (USCG)
IMO Maritime Ambassador/Co-Founder/Executive Director
2016 Participating Organizations
- ABFW Maritime Group
- ABS OEP
- Alfa Laval AB
- American Bureau of Shipping
- Amiad Water Systems
- APL, LTD.
- Assure Controls
- Blank Rome LLP
- C&C Panasia
- California State Lands Commission
- California State University Maritime
- Chamber of Shipping of America
- Chelsea Technologies Group
- Choice Ballast Solutions, LLC
- Clyde & Co US LLP
- Crowley Maritime Corporation
- Damen Shipyards Gorinchem
- Diamond Offshore
- DNV GL
- Dow Chemical
- Elliott Bay Design Group
- EnviroManagement, Inc.
- Evoqua Water Technologies
- Fednav Limited
- Filtersafe ltd.
- FUJI TRADING AMERICA
- GEA Mechanical Equipment US, Inc.
- General Dynamics NASSCO
- GF Piping Systems
- Giles Environmental LLC
- Global Diving & Salvage, Inc.
- Glosten Associates Inc.
- Goltens Miami
- Great Lakes Fishery Commission
- Hach Company
- Harmsco Filtration Products
- Hyde Marine
- Hydraquip Custom Systems
- International Maritime Technology Consultants, Inc.
- IRI/The Marshall Islands Registry
- Korean Register of Shipping
- Lake Carriers' Association
- LTK Maritime Consultancies
- Magneto special anodes B.V.
- MARPOL Training Institute, Inc.
- Matson Navigation Company
- McAsphalt Marine Transportation Limited
- Metmar Denizcilik Ticari ve Teknik Hizmetler San Ltd
- Moss Landing Marine Laboratories (CSU) and Lead Scientist, Golden Bear Facility (GBF), Cal Maritime Academy (CSU)
- NEI Treatment Systems
- NSB-USA, LLC
- Ocean Power & Equipment Co.
- Optimarin AS
- Pacific Merchant Shipping Association
- Port of Corpus Christi Authority
- Port of Hueneme
- Port of Los Angeles
- Retlif Testing Laboratories
- Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd.
- Shipping Federation of Canada
- Sonangol Marine Services
- The Boutique Firm PLC
- Trident Seafoods Corporation
- Trojan Marinex
- Trojan Technologies
- Turner Designs
- United States Coast Guard
- University of Maryland Center for Environmental Science
- US Coast Guard
- US EPA Headquarters
- US Naval Research Laboratory
- Wartsila North America Inc.
- Wartsila Water Systems Limited
- Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources
- World Marine
- World Shipping Council
- Xylem Analytics
To learn more about all the benefits of sponsoring this event, please contact David Church at email@example.com or call 818-888-4444 ext 26.
Long Beach Marriott
4700 Airport Plaza Drive
Long Beach, CA 90815
Room Rate: $194
Reservation Call-in #: 800-228-9290
Cut-off Date: February 13, 2017
Group Name: Information Forecast, Inc./4th Ballast Water Summit